Arbutus Marine is:
- John Johnstone, owner and primary surveyor
- Ugo Fritsch, associate surveyor
John Johnstone has worked in the marine industry since 1996, including with Canadian Coast Guard (1996 to 2003) and with Transport Canada Marine Safety (2003 to 2007). During this time, he completed over 800 pleasure craft inspections and was a team lead for multiple accident investigations in partnership with various government agencies.
- project team member on a $10M refit on a 165 ft Prini-Navi mega-yacht in New Zealand
- 500 days of commercial sea time on small vessels (<60 tons)
- involved in racing and cruising in the Maritimes and on the West Coast for 20 years
- yacht delivery from Halifax to Bermuda
- logistics, tactics, and safety lead on a 1968 C&C 41 sailboat in the Vic-Maui 2014 yacht race
- current member of the Vic-Maui 2016 organizing committee
- member of the Vancouver Rowing Club (since 2006), including Fleet Captain in 2007
- Pleasure Craft Marine Inspections and Surveys
- Small Craft Financial Assessment
- Project Management and Report Development
Ugo Fritsch, originally from France, landed in Halifax in 2012 before settling down in Vancouver later that year, after a cross-country trip. He has worked in the marine industry since 2003, as a marine carpenter, professional skipper and sailing instructor for the French Sea Scouts associations.
- Offshore yacht deliveries from BC to French Polynesia, from Martinique to Europe
- Involved in racing and cruising in France and on the West Coast for the last 15 years.
- Yachtmaster offshore with commercial endorsement, (R.Y.A./M.C.A. – U.K.) delivered in 2011
- Marine Carpenter, graduated in 2008
- Sailing instructor for the French Sea Scouts (2003 – 2012)